Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask Review

8.30.2013


I picked up this mask back in April when I was in duty free at Heathrow airport before I knew that this happened to be a cult product and loved by every beauty guru out there. I fly long haul quite a few times through out the year flying back and forth from England to America and it really takes a toll on my skin. I hate flying enough as it is so a glass of wine, a good book and a mini facial does the trick to get me settled on those dreaded long haul flights. I have a full beauty routine that I stick too every time I fly, but thats for another post and today I am writing about this little gem. I can't tell you how just how much this helps my skin when I fly, it helps keeps it hydrated and fresh so I don't get off the plane with dull and dried out skin. I don't typically use this on a weekly basis because my skin doesn't need it as my Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentrate does its job perfectly, but whenever my skin needs a bit of a pick me up this is my go-to. 

This is a super intensive hydrating mask that you leave on overnight (as the name states) so you wake up to beautifully smooth and radiant skin. It has ingredients like Apricot Kennel Oil (which is amazing for keeping your skin hydrated) Avocado oil and Mango butters which all have moisturising qualities that help retain your skins moister and give it any TLC that is lacking. It also has Japanese seaweed to prevent losing the moister the mask gives the skin. It has a really fresh, citrusy scent that I adore and is perfect for when I am on the plane and breathing in the recycled air. One of the things I love most about this mask is that it comes out as an opaque creamy colour but goes clear once you have massaged it into your skin - which is great for me so the person sat next to me doesn't think I am completely insane with a crazy coloured mask on my face! 

Its a very simple and easy product to use, you apply it to freshly cleansed skin (I like to use Bioderma or Purity from Philosophy) using your fingers and massage a thin layer all over your face until the mask runs clear. Then you can go to bed or relax for a few hours and not have to worry about this transferring to your sheets or clothes as it dries pretty quickly and has no colour. Once you are awake and ready to take off the mask I remove the excess with a makeup wipe and go over with bioderma or wash my face with Purity to make sure I have removed all of the product. This is great for those even with sensitive and oily skin types, it doesn't leave an oily film or residue on your skin and its very gentle so you can leave this on for a good few hours with out it reacting to your skin. Once you have removed the mask your skin feels very refreshed and moisturised which lasts throughout the whole day.

A typical flight to America for me takes 8-9 hours, the perfect amount of time to let the mask work its magic and stop my skin losing moister and looking dehydrated when I leave the plane. I definitely recommend this for anyone who flies long haul on a regular basis or if your skin is like mine and freaks out whenever I am on a plane. This helps leave your skin feeling bright and fresh after a long flight so you have one less thing to worry about when you are flying! I do also use this a few times a month when my skin is looking a little dull and lacking hydration. 



Considering this mask was an impulse buy it has been worth every penny is it does its jobs really well and has become something I will never step on a long haul flight without. 

No comments

Post a Comment

I absolutely love receiving comments from you guys. If you have a blog, please feel more than welcome to leave your URL so I can check it out. However, please refrain to posting links to your giveaways or spamming my comments section. Lets leave this section a place to make friends and discuss the content! x